Tuesday, July 15, 2008

hand update

Bringing everyone up to speed on my hand recovery...the carpal tunnel syndrome is almost entirely resolved. My dexterity and nerve sensitivity are virtually restored, and the swelling is gone. Mostly. But nothing worth mentioning most days.

The DeQuervain's, however, has more stamina. The thumbs are still ranked somewhere between sore and excruciatingly painful, depending on the moment. I have braces designed to support the thumb that allow me some movement, and aren't too rough, so I can hold the bebe. They do get very very hot, so I am wearing them less and less. Mostly for driving, pushing strollers, picking up stuff. There's not much else I can do, other than mild anti-inflammatories and keep splinting. Anecdotal evidence from the 2 other people I've met who had this shows that the condition should correct within a year. I'd keep my fingers crossed, but that's bound to aggravate it.

On the good news side: my rings (which had to be cut off back in October when the swelling threatened my fingers) are back from repairs. It's good to have them back!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see the half pipe back where it belongs!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com