Monday, March 24, 2008

carry on!

Last Thursday Nathalie and I went to evymama, the breastfeeding boutique (this is why it's good to live in a major city, they have shops for everything, if you can find 'em) to try out baby holders. With the crap hands, I want to have as many options for kid-hauling as possible.

I'm very glad we went there, since the owner was extremely helpful and took the time to show me every carrier she had (which was a sizeable stock) and I was able to try them on with dolls. Some designs that I had seen in other shops or online that looked like they would be good options turned out to be nearly impossible for me to adjust without seriously damaging my paws.

I ended up purchasing two: a simple black cotton ring sling (which I thought would be too small for me, but actually fit great) made locally by a company called Rolz and Sassy and a more versatile soft structured snuggli style carrier called a Pikkolo made by a Chicago company called Catbird. The Pikkolo can be worn front, back or on the hip, so hopefully the player-to-be-named will like being strapped in place.

I'm still looking for baby holding and placing options, as my capacity for babe-in-arms holding may be restricted, so I welcome all suggestions!

(photos feature Matt's bear. Actual baby size may vary.)

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com